CONTRACT & PAYMENT INFORMATION EXAMPLE
MOMOCON RULES AND REGULATIONS
MomoCon staff welcomes all exhibitors who wish to participate in the Exhibitor’s Room at MomoCon 2020! The convention is held at the Omni Hotel and Georgia World Congress Center Hall B on May 21-24, 2020. We ask that all exhibitors please be respectful of decisions that the staff may have to make concerning the Dealers’ Room the day of the convention. We are constantly working to make the con experience great for everyone, and may have to make changes in the initial plans. There will be dedicated volunteers and hired security available exclusively to the Dealers’ Room to try to prevent theft. They will be identified to the exhibitors at the convention, so if there should be any questions/problems, please contact the Safety volunteers. We will try our best to prevent problems from occurring, but we cannot plan for every contingency. Should a problem arise with another exhibitor, please speak to a volunteer coordinator.
We ask that you only use masking tape or pins in fabric panels for temporary room decorations. Please do not use staples, nails, tacks or other forms of tape. Do not place stickers or paints, or deface venue materials in any permanent fashion. Signs, banners and flyers may not be posted outside of your table space. There will be a table available to place extra flyers should you require it. We do not allow the open sales of any type of adult-deemed material (not limited to DVDs, VHSs, pornographic images/artwork). No adult material may be viewed, sold or distributed to minors, and we require that exhibitors not bring adult-themed material at all. MomoCon reserves the right to judge the acceptability of all displays. The presence and sale of weapons is prohibited. In addition, questionable material (such as paraphernalia and images from groups such as KKK and Nazi or Nazi-like merchandise) are prohibited.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Exhibitors’ spaces in the Dealers’ Room are sold for (TBA). This price is not negotiable for exhibitors. Exhibitors are asked not to encroach upon their neighbor’s space unless they are given permission. Exhibitors that do not arrive before Opening of the room Thursday or do not give prior notice will forfeit their space. No-show spaces will be sold to available wait list patrons or other Exhibitor’ Room participants at the convention at a reduced cost (cash only). All Exhibitor payments must be made at the time of selection, or the exhibitor will forfeit their space. After the initial spaces are filled, MomoCon will keep a waiting list of other interested exhibitors, to be filled either on February 1st or the day of the convention.
The Exhibitor’s Hall will be set up in the bottom floor of the Georgia World Congress Center. Anyone found selling wares outside of the Exhibitor’s Hall will be asked to leave. The tables will be set up in a 10×10’ curtained area with two chairs for each table. The tables are 6 feet long (standard tables). We will try to accommodate all requests, but we only have limited supplies. Guaranteed power, extra tables and chairs, and other resources will be available through our general service provider, Shepard, with a fee. Information about ordering these services will be provided to exhibitors at a later date.
RESERVING MULTIPLE SPACES
Exhibitors are welcome to reserve multiple spaces, limit 8, and can be located in different areas of the hall. If there are extra spaces available on Thursday at opening, Exhibitor’s Hall participants may purchase an extra space at a reduced cost (cost determined by MomoCon).
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Dealers’ Room will have operating hours from 2pm to 8pm on Thursday, 10am to 7pm Friday, 10am to 7pm Saturday, and 10am to 5pm Sunday (note: these times are subject to change based on the necessity of room setup). The room will be locked after 8:30pm on Thursday, 7:30pm on Friday, 7.30pm on Saturday, and all exhibitors are REQUIRED to be completely cleared out of the space by 9pm on Sunday. Exhibitors are welcome to leave early, but are advised not to leave personal material in the room on Saturday if they leave before the room is locked. MomoCon takes no personal responsibility for items stolen, but will make reasonable accommodations to prevent theft, including providing hired bonded security.
1. Exhibitors are welcome to participate in any event at the convention with the same rate and cost as a normal convention attendant. Exhibitors will be provided with two 4-day admissions per table.
2. MomoCon makes no guarantee as to the availability of space and reserves the right to limit. There is a possibility for more tables to become available to a exhibitor provided that there is enough space and/or dearth of payment from other exhibitors on February 1st, 2020.
3. Exhibitor has read the EXHIBITOR CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS attached hereto and acknowledges that such terms and conditions are fully incorporated herein, and are binding on the parties hereto.
MomoCon EXHIBITOR CONTRACT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) MomoCon agrees to provide 6’ exhibitor tables in 10×10’ booths, which will be located in the area designated “Dealers’ Room”. MomoCon agrees to make said tables and exhibit space available to the Exhibitor by no later than 8pm on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 for load in and 8am on Thursday, May 21, 2020 for setup. Exhibitor agrees to vacate convention hall premises by no later than 9pm on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
2) MomoCon agrees to be responsible for promoting the show. MomoCon makes no representations as to the number of attendees and/or customers who will be in attendance. Previous year attendance figures can be found on www.animecons.com
3) Subletting of tables is not permitted.
4) Each application will be processed on a first come – first served basis by merchandise category, with exceptions on a case-by-case basis (at the discretion of MomoCon).
5) Exhibitor shall be responsible for the actual setup of its displays. MomoCon shall not be liable for any loss or damage to Exhibitor’s property or for any personal injury suffered by Exhibitor or any of its agents. Exhibitor will hold MomoCon and the Georgia World Congress Center harmless for any personal injury or damage to goods that may occur.
6) MomoCon, upon request, agrees to limited assistance in loading and unloading Exhibitor’s materials and to assist with setting up of tables. Exhibitor MUST have a hold-harmless agreement on file (available to sign at the event) with MomoCon to utilize this resource.
7) The following activities are prohibited in the Dealers’ Room at all times: Smoking or any burning of objects; sales of food or beverage products that are not pre-packaged; consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages, sales of bladed weapons, sales of contact lenses, sales of 18+ material, not limited to hentai, yaoi, yuri, porn, etc.
The Georgia World Congress Center officially does not condone the sale of food products in the hall, however MomoCon as an organization has no restrictions on sales of pre-packaged food items. Please be aware if you bring pre-packaged food items you do so at your own risk, we will defer to any requests from the venue should they arise. Fresh-made or non-packaged foodstuffs are not permitted at any time.
8) All exhibitors shall have a signed copy of the MomoCon Exhibitor Contract (this document) on file with MomoCon. No exhibitor shall be allowed to sell merchandise or services at the convention facility without having a signed copy on file with MomoCon. No party shall be allowed to sell merchandise or services outside of the space deemed “Dealers’ Room” or in these areas outside of the given hours.
9) Exhibitors may play audio devices at low volume. MomoCon reserves the right to determine the definition of ‘low volume.’ Furthermore, MomoCon reserves the right to determine what audio content may be played during the hours of operation of the Dealers’ Room.
10) All exhibitors must claim their tables before Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 1PM, or send written notice of reason for being late no later than 1 week before the date. Tables which have not been claimed by that time may be resold at the sole discretion of MomoCon.
A) Tables that are cancelled within 30 days of purchase can be refunded one hundred (100) percent of its cost.
B) Exhibitor agrees to hold MomoCon harmless for any lost investments or revenues as a result of either (a) unclaimed or (b) cancelled tables.
C) If MomoCon is cancelled because of an Act of God or other event beyond the control of MomoCon, and the event cannot be rescheduled, MomoCon will make good faith attempts to refund 50% of the amount paid.
D) Any breach of the provisions of this paragraph 10 due to communication failures will be handled in a best faith manner.
11) The Exhibitor agrees to comply with all municipal, state, and federal requirements, if any, in connection with all sales, including but not limited to any sales or other tax laws. Exhibitor will be responsible for all filings with state and local ordinances.
12) All exhibitors will obey federal, state, and local laws and ordinances regarding the sale of material which, intentionally or unintentionally, infringes upon the trademarks or copyrights of another party. Any exhibitor selling material which infringes upon the trademark or copyright of another party may be ejected without warning and without refund. MomoCon reserves the right to inspect and/or eject questionable material at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, the following products:
Bootlegged (burned) audio CDs, VCDs, and DVDs
Burned or Bootleg video games (e.g. Playstation, Dreamcast)
MomoCon takes no responsibility for any infringing material, and will fully comply with all requests from licence holders and law enforcement to inform exhibitors of infractions. Exhibitors hold all responsibility toward licensed material and having written documentation on-hand of proper license permissions.
14) Exhibitors shall not display material which is deemed offensive or inappropriate. MomoCon has the sole right to determine what is or is not offensive or inappropriate. Exhibitors who continue to display material which has been deemed to be offensive or inappropriate may be ejected without warning and without refund. Furthermore, exhibitors shall not sell any “adult”-deemed material at the convention, in compliance with MomoCon policy, including but not limited to DVDs, doujinshi, suggestive body pillows, adult dating-simulation games and other adult material usually not for sale to customers under 18 years of age.
Exhibitors who sell such materials may be ejected without warning and without refund. Failure to comply is immediate grounds for ejection without warning and without refund. MomoCon reserves the right to determine if the material in question is “adult” in nature.
15) Exhibitors are expected to follow the same rules of behavior as the rest of the convention attendees during off-hours. Any Exhibitor ejected from the convention during those hours must leave immediately the next morning during the set-up time.
16) Exhibitors will have at thirty (30) minutes to close down for the night each evening. After the thirty minutes, the room will be locked. Under no circumstances will it re-open until the posted time the next morning.
17) Exhibitor is responsible for providing its own insurance, if desirable, to protect Exhibitor and Exhibitor’s property from damage, loss, theft, harm or injury. MomoCon will not obtain insurance on Exhibitor’s behalf. Exhibitor is solely responsible for its own company exhibited material, goods, samples, and other property.
18) MomoCon will lock the Dealers’ Room after hours and provide hired security. MomoCon, however, is not responsible for any loss or damage to Exhibitor’s property which may occur.
19) Exhibitors shall keep all designated areas clean and will not nail, screw, or attach anything to the exhibit hall space. Exhibitors are asked to use only masking tape or pins in fabric panels to hang temporary decorations, and refrain from using staples, nails, tacks or other forms of tape. Exhibitors are not to place stickers, paints, or deface venue materials in any permanent fashion. Signs, banners and flyers may not be posted on venue property. A table will be available in a location designated by MomoCon for placement of extra flyers.
20) All displays, chairs, tables and merchandise must be maintained within Exhibitor’s designated area.
21) Selling of items by Exhibitors on convention grounds, which includes the stated event location and adjoining facilities, their parking lots, other than the Dealers’ Room or any other designated area noted by MomoCon is NOT allowed during the weekend of any MomoCon event. This includes the selling of items inside hotel rooms, lobby, or its facilities (outside of specified Exhibitor rooms with full payment). Exhibitors who fail to comply will be ejected without warning and without refund.
22) Exhibitor will hold harmless MomoCon and event facilities or any of their respective officers, agents, employees, members, representatives or affiliates, from any liability, damage, loss, harm, claim, or injury to property or person of the Exhibitor, Exhibitor officers, agents, employees or other persons, whether caused by the negligence of MomoCon or event facilities, or from theft, fire, water, accident, or any other cause whatsoever.
23) MomoCon reserves the right to make changes to or amend this contract and has the final say on all matters pertaining to the use and function of the Dealers’ Room during the run of the show.