Volunteer meetings are typically held at the Omni Hotel in downtown Atlanta. Relevant dates for volunteers including the form and meetings for the upcoming convention are:
- Volunteer Application opens – TBA (just before the first meeting)
- First Meeting – TBA (October or November)
- TBA (January or February)
- TBA (March or April)
- Last Meeting – TBA (May)
- Volunteer Application closes – TBA (early May, around the last meeting)
The meetings generally follow the same agenda:
- Welcome – Learn what it means to volunteer at MomoCon.
- Department Info – Hear what each department does and their volunteer needs/requirements.
- Breakout Sessions – Meet with the individual departments that interest you.
- Customer Service Training – You’re recommended to attend once a year. Some departments require this for their volunteers.
- Questions at the Meetings – Volunteer Relations is located in the back of the room for questions and troubleshooting.
VOLUNTEERS UNDER 18
The minimum volunteer age is 16 (some exceptions for parent+child volunteer teams in the same department and same shifts). ALL volunteers under the age of 18 at the time of the convention must submit a parental permission form each convention year. If a person under 18 has no parental form on file before the convention, they will be unable to volunteer.
The parental form can be found HERE – Please print, complete, and bring to a Volunteer Meeting or scan and email to email@example.com.
Questions about anything volunteering related? Please contact us atto firstname.lastname@example.org.
READ THE VOLUNTEER POLICIES BEFORE COMPLETING THE FORM!