Welcome to MomoCon and thank you for volunteering your time and effort to make this con the best convention ever. The following policy must be respected and followed at all times, and in so doing, all donated equipment will be safe and secure.
1. All volunteers must be 16 or older. Any staff volunteers under the age of 18 will need to fill out a Parental Permission Form, to be signed by a parent or guardian. Forms are available upon request.
2. Volunteers are expected to perform their duties accurately and completely, and may be asked to perform extra duties for the convention in addition to their original sign-up times. Volunteers must be able to devote time and effort to the event before, during and after.
3. Volunteers are required to attend MomoCon during their specified time slots, unless special exception is made by the Convention Chair.
Staff Personal Information
1. All volunteers are required to provide accurate information to MomoCon, with the understanding that no information will be available to anyone outside of the convention.
2. Volunteers are required to keep email contact with their department head and/or the Staffing department continuously throughout the year. If volunteers are unreachable through email or phone in a timely manner at any time, they will be taken off the volunteer list and will not qualify for any volunteer benefits.
3. Volunteering in a certain department is contingent on approval by the department head.
4. Volunteers are asked to make an attempt to attend at least one volunteer meeting.
5. Volunteers should sign up for any facebook groups or email lists associated with their section, if applicable.
Staff Rules and Regulations
1. Volunteers are required to abide by the same rules as attendees, and should be well-read on all MomoCon official policies.
2. Volunteers are restricted from any activity that will take their attention away from the assigned duty that they are responsible for while working. This includes, but is not limited to, working for a vendor or artist, playing games while watching a room, participating in a contest while staffing said contest, etc. After their scheduled hours, volunteers are welcome to enjoy the events of the convention, but MomoCon duties take precedence over other activities.
3. Alcohol and illegal substances are not allowed to be carried or consumed by anyone at the convention.
4. No volunteer should give their badge to any attendee for any reason. If a volunteer gives his/her badge to an attendee, he/she is subject to expulsion and permanent ban from working future MomoCon events.
5. As a representative of MomoCon, volunteers are asked to abide by certain etiquette standards before, during, and after the convention. Volunteers are to conduct themselves in a professional manner regarding the convention, and are asked to refer to official MomoCon announcements when on any public forum (newspaper, radio, magazine article, blogs, forums, etc.).
6. Volunteers are reminded that most equipment at MomoCon is donated, therefore no on who is not on volunteer staff is allowed in either Con Ops at ANY time for ANY reason. If an attendee needs something from lost and found, the volunteer is to procure it for them and bring it outside the room. Volunteers are required to refrain from playing on donated equipment while in con ops. Volunteers are welcome to play the equipment when it is set up in the respective gaming rooms.
1. Volunteer staff (with the exception of Security, Game Room and Tournament staff) are welcome to cosplay, so long as the costume does not interfere with the person’s ability to perform his/her function or interfere with attendees’ movements in the hallways.
2. Volunteers who are given shirts are asked not to wear their staff shirt except when they are on duty. These shirts are for VOLUNTEER STAFF ONLY. Do NOT give your shirt to anyone else.
3. If you are working for a vendor or artist while off-duty, do not wear a volunteer shirt.
1. Should a volunteer fail to abide by the rules outlined in this document, or behave untoward while representing the convention (whether it be at the event, on a public forum, or otherwise), a warning, reassignment, or expulsion may be enacted. The severity of the offense will dictate the severity of the discipline.
2. The Convention Chair, Staffing Director, and one other Director will be the deciding factor in any arbitration or disciplinary action.
1. Volunteers who work more than 12 hours over the weekend are entitled to one free weekend admission to MomoCon.
2. Directors and some general volunteer staff will be given volunteer shirts to wear at the event. MomoCon makes no guarantee that any volunteer will receive a specialty shirt, due to limited availability, but will attempt to provide some volunteers with shirts. All volunteers will receive a special hard card volunteer badge.
3. All volunteers will have the opportunity to get the current year’s official con t-shirt for free!
4. All volunteers will have the opportunity to take part in a volunteer-exclusive raffle for prizes.
5. All volunteers are welcome to attend a Wrap Party late night on Sunday after the end of all MomoCon events.
1. Volunteer meetings, volunteer events, and communications between Directors and general volunteer staff contain information from MomoCon which may be confidential and privileged. Please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited until an official statement is released by the convention. This includes guest announcements, events, and convention policies and practices.
MomoCon reserves the right to remove any person from volunteer staff for any reason at any time.