A convention is only as good as the people who support it, so all MomoCon staff are more than appreciated! Check out the list of staff meeting dates below, and if you cannot attend a meeting but would still like to staff, Contact Us for a volunteer form.
MomoCon volunteer sign up has passed. Sorry!
Staff Meeting Dates
Welcome to MomoCon and thank you for volunteering your time and effort to make this con the best convention ever. The following policy must be respected and followed at all times, and in so doing, all donated equipment will be safe and secure.
1. All staff must be over the age of 16. Any staff under the age of 18 will need to fill out a Parental Permission Form, to be signed by a parent or guardian. Forms are available upon request.
2. Staff members are expected to perform their duties accurately and completely, and may be asked to perform extra duties for the convention in addition to their original sign-up times. Staff must be able to devote time and effort to the event before, during and after.
3. Staff members are required to attend MomoCon during their specified time slots, unless special exception is made by the Convention Chair.
Staff Personal Information
1. All staff members are required to provide accurate information to MomoCon, with the understanding that no information will be available to anyone outside of the convention.
2. Staff members are required to keep email contact with their department head and/or the Staffing department continuously throughout the year. If staffers are unreachable through email or phone in a timely manner at any time, they will no longer be considered staff.
3. Staffing in a certain department is contingent on approval by the department head.
4. Staff members are asked to make an attempt to attend all staff meetings.
5. Staff members should sign up for any facebook groups or email lists associated with their section, if applicable.
Staff Rules and Regulations
1. Staff members are required to abide by the same rules as attendees, and should be well-read on all MomoCon official policies.
2. Staff members are restricted from any activity that will take their attention away from the assigned duty that they are responsible for while staffing. This includes, but is not limited to, staffing for a vendor or artist, playing games while watching a room, participating in a contest while staffing said contest, etc. After their scheduled hours, staffers are welcome to enjoy the events of the convention, but staffing duties take precedence over other activities.
3. Alcohol and illegal substances are not allowed to be carried or consumed by anyone at the convention.
4. No staff should give their badge to any attendee for any reason. If a staffer gives his/her badge to an attendee, he/she is subject to expulsion and permanent ban from staffing future MomoCon events.
5. As a representative of MomoCon, staffers are asked to abide by certain etiquette standards before, during, and after the convention. Staffers are to conduct themselves in a professional manner regarding the convention, and are asked to refer to official MomoCon announcements when on any public forum (newspaper, radio, magazine article, blogs, forums, etc.).
6. Staffers are reminded that all equipment at MomoCon is donated, therefore no non-staff are allowed in either Con Ops at ANY time for ANY reason. If an attendee needs something from lost and found, the staffer is to procure it for them and bring it outside the room. Staffers are required to refrain from playing on donated equipment while in con ops. Staffers are welcome to play the equipment when it is set up in the respective gaming rooms.
1. Staff members (with the exception of Security, Game Room and Tournament staff) are welcome to cosplay, so long as the costume does not interfere with the staffer’s ability to perform his/her function or interfere with attendees’ movements in the hallways.
2. Staff members who are given shirts are asked not to wear their staff shirt except when they are on duty. Staff shirts are for STAFF ONLY. Do NOT give your staff shirt to anyone else.
3. If you are working for a vendor or artist while off-duty, do not wear a staff shirt.
1. Should a staff member fail to abide by the rules outlined in this document, or behave untoward while representing the convention (whether it be at the event, on a public forum, or otherwise), a warning, reassignment, or expulsion from staff may be enacted. The severity of the offense will dictate the severity of the discipline.
2. The Convention Chair, Staffing Director, and one other Head Staffer will be the deciding factor in any arbitration or disciplinary action.
1. Staffers who work more than 8 hours over the weekend are entitled to one free weekend admission to MomoCon.
2. Head Staff and some general staff will be given staff shirts to wear at the event. MomoCon makes no guarantee that any staffer will receive a staff shirt, due to limited availability, but will attempt to provide some staffers with shirts. All staffers will receive a special laminated staff badge.
3. All staffers will have the opportunity to get the current year’s official con t-shirt for free!
4. All staffers will have the opportunity to take part in a staff-exclusive raffle for prizes.
5. All staffers are welcome to attend a Wrap Party late night on Sunday after the end of all MomoCon events.
1. Staff meetings, staff events, and communications between Head Staff and general staff contain information from MomoCon which may be confidential and privileged. Please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited until an official statement is released by the convention. This includes guest announcements, events, and convention policies and practices.
MomoCon reserves the right to remove any person from staff for any reason at any time.